I’ve noticed this meme floating around Facebook, in which you write “25 random facts, habits, or goals about yourself.” You’re also supposed to tag people, but I hate that shit. Anyway, in the spirit of my current writer’s block, here ’tis:
1. For several years of my childhood, I earnestly and fervently believed that I was from Pluto.
2. My biggest fear are featureless faces, or faces in which the features have been obscured (Clowns, stay the fuck away).
3. Between the ages of 7 and 9, I wrote movie reviews for the Democrat & Chronicle, the Rochester newspaper.
4. I’ve really gotten into mountain climbing over the past year. I’d love to take a trip around the world and hike through every mountain range along the way.
5. A sketchy-sounding, self-proclaimed “shaman” once told my mom that in a past life, I was an Indian princess who felt trapped in my life of privilege, so I stole a boat and took off down the Ganges, and accidentally drowned.
6. I am trying to learn how to say the sentence “My dog has no hair” in every language. So far, the only ones I can reliably remember are French, Spanish, Italian, and German.