Listening to: “All Tomorrow’s Parties” – The Velvet Underground
I was too lazy to scan it. I just took a picture of it with my computer camera thingy. (Face drawing style shamelessly cribbed from one of my fave webcomics, Girls With Slingshots).
What else, what else? Today my mom sent me a video of her trying to pull on a horse’s tongue. She keeps asking whoever’s behind the camera, “Did you get that?” And then the voice is like, “I dunno Gale, I can’t really see…”
I saw the most exhalted Joss Whedon get a Humanism award last week at Harvard. It was awesome. He is my hero, and he was talking about constructive atheism. Double times awesome. He signed my comic book. I sputtered something at him. There was a giant fucking gold eagle in front of him, but that’s OK. He said lots of smart and funny things, including:
Faith in God is believing in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary.
And, on coming to grips with death:
When your time is up… y’know… worms are hungry. And they’re cute!
And on writing:
That’s why we write in the first place–to bring the darkest parts of ourselves up into the light.
He also said that if Buffy and River got in a fight, River would win. But I disagree.
Also in life:
– This gives me some faith in humanity. Go robots go!
– How did I not know about this before, and why isn’t there a button for it on my keyboard? It would make virtual communication so much less awkward. Also, “Irony Mark” would probably make a good name for a douchey band.
– Tomorrow I shall go to the beach with the mutt, yes I shall. Because I will have mailed in my taxes, and it will be sunny, and the beach is open to dogs till the end of April.
– I started a Twitter account, against my better judgment. I’m not going to give you the link, Blog. It will only lead to heartache.
– Against all odds, ended up at a Holiday Inn Express in Waltham last Saturday night. What? (PS: the Holiday Inn Express porn channel is really funny. And no one in Waltham delivers pizza at 3am. I had almost forgotten that from college).
– Today I wrote two theater reviews and two restaurant blurbs. I am EXHAUSTEDface.
– I’ve had the uncanny urge to add -face to the end of random words. Bewareface.